Code of Conduct for Blogs and Comments*
- I will express myself with civility, courtesy, and respect, especially toward those with whom I disagree—even if I feel disrespected (Romans 12:17-21).
- I will express my disagreements with others without insulting, mocking, or slandering them personally (Matthew 5:22).
- I will not exaggerate the beliefs of others or make unfounded prejudicial assumptions based on labels, categories, or stereotypes (Ephesians 4:29).
- I will hold myself accountable, being transparent and truthful about my identity; and, I will hold others accountable, identifying comments that violate these principles, based not on what ideas are expressed but on how they’re expressed (2 Thessalonians 3:13-15).
- I understand that comments violating this code are subject to removal, and that repeat offenders will be blocked from making further comments (Proverbs 18:7).
*With thanks to the Sojourners online community (sojo.net).